When it comes to emergency preparedness, what tools do you think of? If a reliable fire-starting tool isn’t at the top of your free survival gear list, think again!
Whether you’re outdoors for a day or several weeks, you need a fire for cooking, for boiling water, and, of course, for warmth.
You could grab a cheap lighter from the gas station and keep it with you in case of emergencies. But, those are generally unreliable and might not get the job done when you need a fire most.
For peace of mind and increased safety, consider keeping the Everstryke Pro, also known as the Lifestrike Pro or Life Strike Lighter, in your emergency kit, bug out bag, or get home bag with your other free survival gear.
Notice: this blog is supported by advertisements and affiliate offers. I may earn a commission if you order something from one of our advertisers.
Table of Contents
What is the Everstryke Pro?
The Everstryke Pro, also known as the Lifestrike Pro or Life Strike Lighter, is a small, refillable waterproof capsule lighter made from solid stainless steel. It is only about two inches long, roughly the size and weight of a .44 magnum cartridge. It can also be easily attached to zippers, clips, or backpacks, bug out bags, keychain, or other surival gear by using the Everstryke Pro’s built-in clip.
Check out this video to learn how to claim your free Everstryke Pro Lighter a.k.a. Life Strike Lighter…
Why Choose The Everstryke Pro Over Traditional Lighters?
The Everstryke Pro, also known as the Life Strike Lighter, regularly sits at the top of the charts when it comes to fire-starting tools, and for good reason. It comes with a number of benefits, including the following:
Quality Solid Stainless Steel Design
The everstryke pro lighter recently underwent a redesign that significantly improved its appearance and quality. In addition to a sleek, modern design, the new Everstryke Pro model also includes a replaceable flint and a wick that lasts ten times longer than the original Everstryke Match.
Thanks to the water tight o-ring seal that keeps water from leaking in.. the Everstryke Pro lighter is waterproof.
Watch this video for proof… they submerge the Everstryke Pro in a fish bowl for an hour and it still lights!
The typical lighter can run dry in less than a week, but not the Everstryke Pro Match. Thanks to its O-ring, a handy feature that prevents fuel from evaporating (and also from leaking out), it can easily burn through up to 15,000 long-lasting strikes. The average BIC lighter only gets about 3,000 strikes… that means you get up to 5 times as many strikes, which is one of the reasons they call it the Everstryke Pro Perma-Match!
Easy to Use
Even though the flame burns at over 600 degrees Fahrenheit, it won’t burn or hurt your fingertips the way some lighters will. Many people have also praised the lighter for the size of its flame, which is wider than what you’d produce with a typical match, meaning it’s easier to ignite tinder or kindling.
The Everstryke Pro can handle just about anything, making it the perfect outdoor survival tool. It’s waterproof and weatherproof and can withstand everything from being dropped to being run over by a car.
To top it all off, the Everstryke Pro and the Life Strike Pro is one of the most affordable survival tools out there. In fact, it’s free! You just have to pay a small shipping and handling fee.
How To Fill The Everstryke Pro or Life Strike Lighter
Here’s how to fill the Everstryke Pro and Life Strike Lighter:
- Remove the top.
- Remove the interior piece from the bottom (it just slides right out).
- Fill the interior up with lighter fluid just like you would a standard zippo lighter. Be careful not to overfill it or lighter fluid will start dripping out.
- Insert the interior piece back into the bottom, and screw the top back on tightly so the fuel doesn’t leak (and to help keep water out).
- Let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes to let the wick get good and saturated with lighter fluid.
- Remove the top and give it a strike. That’s it!
Why You Should Always Carry A Waterproof Survival Lighter
You’re tired, hungry, and cold. You’ve been climbing for miles, trekking your way up an unforgiving mountain.
The adventurer in you is out of energy.
You need to make camp, and now you need a fire, fast.
In a survival situation, digging through your backpack or or get home bag to fiddle with finicky matches and flint is cumbersome and tiring.
Those antiquated tools won’t do.
You need to know that you can start a fire, and start it now.
You need something durable, something strong. You need a survival lighter.
Survival Lighters are Reliable
Matches can get wet and are nearly impossible to light in windy conditions.
A Survival lighter, on the other hand, is a durable, heavy duty piece of equipment that can stand up to a challenge.
Amazingly, some can even be completely submerged soaked in water, and can still work.
How’s that for reliable?
You can also buy a lighter with other versatile features, like a direct flame. This torch-like device gives a continuous, wind-resistant flame.
That means you’ll be able to warm yourself by the fire in conditions that traditional fire starting can’t compete with.
Survival Lighters Go Where You Go
You can’t beat the portability of a tactical lighter.
Come rain, sleet or snow, a heavy duty lighter remains lightweight and useful.
There’s little risk that you’ll be stuck cold or hungry without a flame. Many such lighters continue working even if they’re damaged.
Do you have dreams of hiking a mountain? You’re in luck. Despite the thin air and windy conditions, many survival lighters work at altitudes of 13,000 ft!
Survival Lighters Last Longer
Lighters like the Everstryke Pro Survival Lighter last for 15,000 lights. Can your box of matches do that?
When your lighter starts to run on empty, you can refill it again and again, extending the life of your gear.
Over time, this conscientious bit of gear will pay for itself.
Survival Lighters Are Better for the Environment
One of the biggest causes of wildfires are improperly doused fires. Yikes!
Spent matches can relight or smolder, causing harm to you and your pack, or the environment.
Matches can get tossed into the woods by careless campers and hikers.
Wildfires affect so much more than plants and animals. They charge through neighborhoods and can destroy homes and livelihoods.
With a lighter, you can feel safe knowing that you won’t be responsible for a raging wildfire.
An added bonus? There’s nothing to dispose of, meaning that there’s zero chance of littering.
Smokey the Bear would be proud.
It’s a Multipurpose Tool
Waterproof Survival Lighters are useful for all sorts of things, whether it’s lighting a cigarette or roasting weenies over an open flame.
Pack space is precious. Every pound counts, so choose a lighter that can do more than just the fun tasks.
Choose a lighter that you can be sure will work when and where you need it, no matter what the wilderness throws at you.
What’s your in your pack?
Let us know in the comments below, and check out our Top 5 Keychain Multitools for more multipurpose gear!
Want More Free Survival Gear And Tips…
Check out our free survival gear blog today for all the information you need about everything from tactical flashlights to seatbelt cutters, and even a really cool tactical backpack to attach your Everstryke Pro to… so you always have quick access to it in an emergency or survival situation!
- FERRO ROD FIRE STARTER – Includes a 3.15″(Length) X 5/16″(Diameter) ferro rod. Made of a high quality ferrocerium and magnesium blend, each fire rod can withstand over 20000 strikes at 5,500 F (3,000 C). Start fires in any weather (even wet), at any altitude.
- WITH LANYARD & MULTI-TOOL – Comes with a leather lanyard and a 6-In-1 multi-tools that function as a straight-edge striker, tinder scraper, map scale, ruler, hex wrench, and most importantly – a bottle opener.
- QUICK & EASY TINDER – 4 tinder ropes and 2 tinder tabs included. Wax-infused natural tinder is easy to ignite from the sparks of ferro rods and also has strong weather resistance, so you can safely start a fire whenever you need it!
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT – Fits easily in your pocket, backpack, and is the perfect fire starter kit for camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, EDC, emergencies and more.
- Quality Service – BCHARYA is a professional brand of Sports & Outdoors Survival Tools and we provide 24×7 after-sales support service to solve any of your worries, please feel free to contact us.
- 5ft Paracord included, gives you a good grip and never comes off. Comes with a bayite Striker-Pro striker attached to the paracord, always be prepared to start a fire
- bayite 6 Striking Edges Striker-Pro striker is made from TOOL GRADE HSS STEEL and has a distinct hardness, maximizes a shower of hot sparks, no matter whether you prefer to use your left hand or right hand to scrape. Don’t use bad quality Knife as striker. Otherwise it will not produce enough sparks due to insufficient hardness of blade
- Ferrocerium Rod Length:4″(10cm). Diameter: 3/8″(10mm). Large enough for a shower of sparks and small enough to carry
- Made of high effective ferrocerium rod. Waterproof & Weatherproof, fits all weather, works in any weather condition
- Sparks shower at 5,500 F (3,000 C) to ignite a fire in any weather (even wet), at any altitude. Perfect emergency fire starter for Bushcraft, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, EDC, Emergency, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc
- ✔️ GET 2 RODS: Two West Lake Tactical Ferrocerium rods only (No Striker or other accessories). If you don’t have a good scraper, we suggestion you try a knife or a box cutter.
- ✔️ COMPACT
- ✔️ INSTANT FIRE: Start fires under any weather conditions. One Rod can be used over 16,000 times. Sparks shower at 5,500 F (3,000 C) to ignite a fire in any weather (even wet), at any altitude. Perfect emergency fire starter for Bush-craft, Hiking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, EDC, Emergency, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc.
- ✔️ Jumbo size: 1/2″ in diameter and 5″ in length. Pre-drilled lanyard hole.
- Length of the rod: 5″(130mm). Diameter of the rod is approx 1/2″(12.7mm).
- EXTRA LARGE. Super thick and large rod throws a MASSIVE shower of hot sparks to light fire instantly in any conditions. Windproof & weather resistant. Fits all weather
- You can use the back of a blade from an box cutter. That’s the most efficient scraper that can be found easily. Don’t use bad quality Knife as striker. Otherwise it will not produce enough sparks due to insufficient hardness of blade.
- Provides up to 3000 degrees C spark in all weather, at any altitude. Durable, lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes. Perfect emergency fire starter for Bushcraft, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, EDC, Emergency, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc
- Bare rod only, the lanyard, striker or other accessory is not included. Search ‘bayite striker’, bayite 6 Striking Edges Striker-Pro striker is made from TOOL GRADE HSS STEEL and has a distinct hardness, maximizes a shower of hot sparks, no matter whether you prefer to use your left hand or right hand to scrape. Buy them together.